Office of the University Registrar

Waiver of Charges and Fees under RA 11261

First Time Jobseekers Act

Republic Act (RA) 11261, or the 'First Time Jobseekers Assistance Act', was signed into law on 10 April 2019, with the objective of ensuring and improving the accessibility of government services and employment for first time jobseekers. Through this law, government fees and charges, including those collected by State Universities/Colleges (SUCs), shall be waived if the documents requested are required in the employment application of first time job seekers.

In compliance with RA 11261, the Office of the University Registrar (OUR) is implementing this law subject to the following guidelines:

A. Scope

With consideration to the specific stakeholder groups of the University, the scope of its implementation is defined and operationalized as follows:

  1. First Time Job Seekers shall include the following:
    1. UP Graduates (pre-baccalaureate diploma, undergraduate, basic education);
    2. UP Students who have not yet completed ("working students") or on leave of absence (LOA) from their programs who intend to work;
    3. Other individuals whose first job/employment shall be at the University.

  2. Waiver of Fees and Charges. Services for which fees and charges shall be waived include:
    1. Transcript of Records (TOR)
    2. Certificate of Graduation (COG)
    3. Diploma

Note: Fees and charges shall be waived only ONCE and for only ONE (1) COPY of each document only. Subsequent requests and/or additional copy/ies shall incur charges or fees.

B. Proof of Eligibility

The barangay where the first-time jobseeker is a resident of has the primary responsibility of ascertaining the eligibility of the individual. The requirement to process the request is a Barangay Certification.

A Barangay Certification, signed by the Punong Barangay of his authorized officer, shall only be issued to an individual if he or she is a:

  1. Filipino
  2. First time jobseeker
  3. Actively looking for employment
  4. Resident of the barangay issuing the certification for at least six (6) months

The validity of benefits under this law is one (1) year from the issuance date of the Barangay Certification.

C. How to avail?

The first-time job seeker must submit a scanned copy of the original Barangay Certification through this form upon his/her University Clearance application and inform the Registration and Clearance Section (RCS) about it. (Note: You can only submit the requirement using your UP account)

Please see this link on how to apply for a University Clearance.

For additional inquiries, you may call RCS at 8981-8500 local 4555, MWF between 8-5pm, or email them at

You may also access the full OVPAA and OVPA JOINT MEMORANDUM NO. 2021-04 here.